Implementation Guide to the Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Interprofessional National Standards
Softbound, 114 pages plus All-New 2019 Updates that include:
- Behavior-Based Safety as the Basis for Culture of Safety
- Trends in Sustainability
- Bariatric Equipment, Devices, and Technology
- The Voice of Workers and Patients/Residence as an Outcome Indicator
- Ethics and the Handling and Mobility Movement
- $100 discount coupon for Bariatric Simulation Training Toolkit
- And More!
The groundbreaking American Nurses Association Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Interprofessional Standards have been adopted by healthcare facilities around the world that want to establish a uniform foundation for safe patient handling and mobility (SPHM) programs. This Implementation Guide written by Susan Gallagher, PhD, MSN, MA, RN is complementary to the Standards and is essential in streamlining SPHM programmatic success.
The Implementation Guide to the Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Interprofessional National Standards gives step-by-step ways to implement each of the eight Standards and includes:
- A snapshot introduction that frames today’s practice context and SPHM experiences.
- Numerous detailed ideas and insights for employers and employees.
- Extensive resources and readings in the latest research, techniques, and methodologies.
- Setting specific examples of how each Standard can address realistic issues and challenges.
All healthcare workers who are committed to using the Standards to achieve safe, high quality patient care will find no better guide along the way.
Patti Wawzyniecki, MS CSPHP
"The Implementation Guide provides real-life, practical methods and ideas for implementing each of the eight ANA SPHM standards. Dr. Gallagher's SPHM expertise is apparent. This guide gives recommendations for organizations across the continuum of care, and and lists many resources, references and samples of written policies and procedures."
We bought a copy for each of our member hospitals because of great feedback.
I love the new update on behavior based safety.
Reads like a To Do list with an explanation. Easy to follow.
The “go to” book.